PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Direct Entry Pilot
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2024, 14:55
White Van Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GS-Alpha
777 has some new inhibitors which appear to limit the number of 2 crew trips to 3 a month. I think that will probably help improve junior rosters, but time will tell.
Is this inhibitor a new thing? I've been aware of that inhibitor for a good couple of years and I've certainly never been rostered >3 full 2crew trips in a month (for reference ive never been better than of 90% seniority on the fleet). You can see some rosters with more than 3xjfks but i expect you'd find there's been a swap involved rather than jss doing it.

I'm no expert so could be wrong here, GS-A, genuine question.

I'm never far off on my average 3x 3day and 2x 4day trips in a full month as a junior P777. Someone mentioned 4xJKF & a lagos in a month... that wouldn't even make CAP (monthly hours target) as hideous as it sounds.

I had a look at the a380 rosters though, and they are a full trip less than mine in nearly all cases. Longer flights so they get the hours quicker. At the moment they only have 6 destinations though so variety is much less.

For potential joiners onto LH I'd say take what they offer, there are positives to see on all fleets, then after your freeze go where suits you most.