PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2024, 12:57
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rutan16
Problem with Bangkok is two fold -lack of sufficient premium sales and also wrong place in Thailand for many tourists and indeed the hundred or so “digital nomads come social media bloggers or other dodgy dealers ” down by Krabi and/or Phuket.
Thai have been said to be on the verge of operating to Manchester (said to be one of the largest unserved long haul markets on the planet- can’t confirm or deny it) for literally half my life !

Now I am willing to consider the much rumoured Chatham tailed operators at some point as viable.

My understanding is Vietnam desperately wants to remain at Heathrow.

Air Asia X financially aren’t in any position to recommence European long haul - let face it whatever way you look at it Long(er) haul low cost models tend to fail , unless combined with a level of tour/cruise contract and protected income streams.

The Thai Manchester rumour is one I've seen flagged elsewhere numerous times too for years now- I'll believe it when I see them on the tarmac at MAN Clearly demand to Bangkok from London isn't what it once was. Look at BA for example, they operated to BKK for years as BA9 from LHR-BKK-SYD with the 744. Later this was curtailed to BKK only with a 772 before being withdrawn completely. Since then, BA have shown no sign of wanting to resume this route. Scoot also wasn't able to make LGW-BKK work on the 788, and that went quickly.