PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Masters of the Air
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2024, 10:34
NutLoose

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,253 Posts
Originally Posted by beamer
Well, I watched the two episodes last night and to be honest I was thoroughly underwhelmed. I know it’s a drama, based on fact, which at the end of the day is supposed to be entertainment and therefore those of us with some understanding of the valiant efforts of the 8th Air Force and some knowledge of aviation are not really the target audience.

I found the storyline thin and too many of the leading characters looking very unconvincing. The CGI was poor, the scenes inside the aircraft much better.
The stereotype token RAF scene was pathetic rather like Nigel Pargetter appearing as a
senior Parachute Regiment Officer in Band of Brothers ! I did quite enjoy the crosswind landing scene into Greenland which made me feel rather nostalgic……….

Hopefully a disappointing start which will lead to improvement in future episodes.
I find series always are when they are building up. I cannot fault the CGI, it’s one off my pet hates when people slag it off because most of the time they do not realise they are watching it.