PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Direct Entry Pilot
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2024, 07:09
Basicsteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AIMINGHIGH123
Regarding leave you can also bolt DFW to leave as well if it’s available. Friends of mine have taken unpaid leave after a block of leave before as well if getting away from it all is your thing.

Regarding JSS and rostering. I am only a year in but the last 3 months on SH fleet seems to have changed a lot. I’m getting at least 3 weekend days off a month and sometimes both Sat/Sunday if I get the reserve. With SH if you are a bit flexible swapping trips is a breeze at present. Getting head around bidding is hard work, once you found what works for you it’s much easier. Yes I often get a few trips I don’t want. Go into EOT or keep an eye out and swap if something drops in that I like.

Mates on triple are working so hard. Seen 5 trips a month sometimes. JFK x4 and a Lagos. Hard work especially landing 7am into LHR.
Definitely looking at all the rosters the A380 looks like the easiest fleet to me. Not much difference between most junior and senior on the fleet. Swapping within LH seems to be a lot harder from what my mates say but then they don’t have the faf of LHR which can completely fall over when a bit of weather hits the UK.

As others have said BA kind of ripped up the rule book during COVID. People that got 787, 350 Feb 2020 kept their jobs. I know guys who took 777 as waiting for a 787 course meant another month before you start and “seniority is everything at BA” got dumped by BA. They are back of course but it seems everyone is looking over their shoulders now and positioning themselves just incase.

The 777 is very hard work ! Made me laugh when guys on SH would think that life would be so much easier when the promised land of LH presents itself , then they find they are doing 5 trips per month for the next xx amount of years.
380 is a nice fleet that’s for sure , but BA would screw you in a heartbeat if the need arises