PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hungarian Flight Schools.
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2024, 14:31
flickrollson52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by J1993
I am also interested. Planning to start a PPL there. If anyone has experience with them please share with me.
Also regarding the weather during winter in Hungary, I heard winters are quite mild the past few years which means good flight weather??

How is the availability of instructors?Are there hidden cost like they want the students to take extra hours or keep delaying the training?

Thank you in advance!
Hi,
Been with Best Fly for my ME/IR skill tests and A-UPRT certificate. Can confirm everything said above: great school for the price.
I flew in late Oct and in Dec, the weather is definitely better than in most neighboring countries. It's been kind of windy there, especially when flying closer to Pecs, so it might be a challenge for a PPL cadet.
Even though the school is "rural", it still delivers. They'll manage everything to be as effective as possible in terms of scheduling, or at least that's what they did for me.
The planes are quite old, but I've seen worse. The maintenance is alright.
There were no hidden costs whatsoever, and I was quite surprised by that - it is almost a common practice for ATOs today.
The town is small but quite rich for its size, there are decent restaurants, banks, even museum I think. People are friendly and will try to understand English.
I walked everywhere, but it did take a lot of time. They said they provide bikes for long-term cadets. If you can rent a car in BUD, you should probably do it.

To sum it up, Best Fly is like an AK rifle: user-friendly, reliable, and inexpensive. Fancy, cutting-edge? No. Gets the job done? Yes.

Last edited by flickrollson52; 27th Jan 2024 at 21:27.