PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK pilot training options, job opportunities for 737/A320
Old 27th Jan 2024, 11:32
RichardH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
plusblade - The whole pilot training game is a risk, some will get there quickly, others over time & some never. The key is mitigating those risks by not taking on £100k of debt hence those of us on here like myself, rudestuff, Speed_Trim_Fail & others ALL advise against both integrated & MPL (unless the airline is fully sponsoring the course) & go the modular route. As I & others have said before no such thing as guaranteed job even if you are lucky to land a full sponsorship, EZY MPL cancelled due Covid, BA & Aer Lingus cancelled due to 9/11. I notice that you have failed 3 MPL interviews but so have lots of others who have succeeded in the end. Though people talk about resilience & trying again I suspect you will be wasting your time, better to take control of your own path & go modular fATPL.

Students who are 'tagged' have usually started on an self-sponsored integrated course but as they proceed along they are talent spotted by the flight school and are then recommended to potential airlines (if they are looking). These students will have exceptional standards, attendance, ground school results (85% first time passes), good flying standards then they MIGHT get tagged & hopefully it will work out but NO GUARANTEES - that's only death & taxes.

Last edited by RichardH; 27th Jan 2024 at 12:18.