PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2024, 09:25
jbking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SoniaFrost780
Hello. I wish to start training to become an airline pilot in 2025 after finishing my degree. I'm a permanent Hong Kong resident. I searched online and found that Cathay Pacific has restarted its sponsored cadet program. I can't apply for Cathay's cadet program because of the six-year loan giveback period. I can't fly for continuous six years due to personal reasons but being a pilot is my dream goal. I want to make sure that I really can't before changing my goal. HKIAA has a newly released cadet pilot program but it's fee is unaffordable. Are there any other cadet programs eligible for HK residents in other countries with less than six years loan giveback period? Thank you.
As far as I know, a lot of cadet programs in Japan don’t explicitly state that you have to sign a contracts for whatever years. They neither require citizenship nor PR, well at least they don’t openly mention that citizenship/PR is required.
However, I’ve never heard of a case foreigners getting accepted to these kind of programs even his mother tongue is Japanese, was born in Japan and raised up there. Perhaps there’s this hidden discrimination against foreigners, who knows. And even for pure Japanese, getting into JAL or ANA cadet is extremely difficult, perhaps as hard as getting into Harvard or even harder.
So technically there’s an option for you. But I doubt there’s a company willing to spend money and train you knowing you won’t work for them long enough. There’s no such thing as a free lunch.