PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on TUI Fly programme in Belgium
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2024, 17:37
jens_r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nemoclown
I think they want pilots for their summer season. I can only see one other thread where this type of TUI programme was ever discussed in that past and that seemed to be the situation. And I don't think it is subsidised really. It even says on the description that you pay the remaining costs from salary sacrifice. There's so few actual flying hours and mostly just simulator which is a lot less expensive.
I think private school people will have more actual well-rounded overall flying experience from their ATPL if that makes sense. This programme will just give you loads of hours in a 737 and then what other airline are you going to go to after that? Norwegian? That's all I can think of. And Ryanair of course. Those are my concerns anyway 🤷
where does it say you pay the „remaining cost“ from salary sacrifice? The only thing I read in the FAQ section is that they deduct 8k€ during these 8 months. So it must be subsidised. And with the initial 55k it makes the total cost for you 63k. Including the TR. Which I still find reasonable.

You might be right with your other concerns, of course I don’t know better. I’ll try to find out as much about this as possible in the interview.

Last edited by jens_r; 26th Jan 2024 at 19:06.