PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NETJETS Europe hiring again
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2024, 17:32
NGjockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I might have overlooked it here (it's a really long thread!), but I'm missing some important information regarding social security etc.:
If I understood this correctly, NJE pilots have to pay a 25% tax on their salary in Portugal. The amount after that deduction might have to be taxed again (at least for the difference to that 25% which has been taxed in Portugal) in the country of residence of the individual pilot.
What about health insurance and retirement fund payments (=social security)? Does NJE offer a health insurance which is also valid during the off days when at home? Does the company have a plan for retirement fund payments?
Social security is a big chunk which in some countries takes away even more from a gross salary than the regular taxes do, depending on which country one lives in. When I read here that some first year F/Os have grossed over a 100000€ I'd be tempted to ask what the NET amount was after deduction of the country of residence's tax, social security payment and possibly additional health insurance?