PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing at X-Roads?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2024, 03:29
GlobalNav

Received 151 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by remi
You're begging the question here with your assumption that Boeing is an aviation company. Boeing is a sophisticated liquidation operation and has been since their last two new aircraft were cancelled.

Boeing will keep making its 1967 model refrigerators with refrigerator manufacturing processes until they don't make money any longer. At some point they will sell their defense business (or give it away, as it makes a huge negative profit, so now might be good) and will give away their share of the space business (a huge mismatch at this point). Then Boeing the cash cow will have no more milk to give and will be given a captive bolt stun and skinned for cheap leather and ground up for utility meat. I give it 10-15 years but their orders may dry up faster than that.

This is what they are doing. They are stripping Boeing for parts as surely as any Gordon Gekko in the 1980s, slowly and much more competently, but still as inevitably as someone on warfarin with a stomach ulcer. Believe them when you see them doing it and telling you they are doing it.

You folks with Boeing pensions, don't plan to have them in 10 years, or less. Call your lawyers now.
Sadly, I live in the town with families that grew and prospered with Boeing. I've been privileged to work with some the most competent and honest engineers, world-class, and know that so many folks in the company are still highly competent and professional. To see what has been happening with the company as a whole by the highest ranks over the last 2-3 decades is tragic. But I don't see a reverse. A slight correction in direction is not enough, let alone a verbal executive commitment to that effect. It reminds me of what's happening in Washington DC, the entire culture is selfish, short-term, careerism.