PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Astana
Thread: Air Astana
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2024, 20:36
gallitosoto2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Guys, I went for the screening process In Amsterdam a few months back.. I have two opinions:

Yes, it took for me around 2 months to get a response from them after I submit all my documents. Some of the documents needed to be reviewed and sent them back again for review. This is the longest process..

After documents reviewed and approuved I got my screening dates after 1 month..

Screening process: 3 days in Amsterdam pay by AA. (I paid my flights from my home base to Amsterdam round trip.)

Once your screening dates are confirmed, they will share a syllabus for the LOE (Flight plan, charts..)

As comments before, 1st Day screening:
-Group Interview: Introduction, previous company experience, and review of Simulator LOE.
-Panel Interview: Personal interview, 6 questions, (2 memory items, 2 limitations, 2 systems questions For TR.)..
-Simulator the most important process, DECISION MAKING.. Yes, first some minutes to get warm up with some basic manuevers, steep turns, climb, descent, speed, ILS raw data no A/T.
During my LOE, HYD 2 Fail, Ámsterdam to Brussels. We decided to continue to Brussels due weather and passengers for connecting flights and AME in Brussels available. Once manual gear extended, F3, during ILS, the localizar frequencies fail. We descontinue the approach and request vectors RNP approach. (Remember DODAR, TEST, Comoany and PAX announcements..)
Sim instructors play different ATC company flight numbers.(EX: Air Astana 123 or Air Astana 321 to check your flight managment).
We call PAN PAN and gave us 8 sequence for landing. DO NOT RUSH! Request holding until all checks are done. 10 kts tailwind landing..

2nd day screening: COMPASS, I think this is the most important. Go to LatestPilotJobs and pay for the full COMPASS test training. I prepared 2 months before, (Memory, maths, ATPL questions, coordination and psychologist test.
-Late afternoon, HR interview, chief pilot and HR..(Why I continue to Brussels instead of Amsterdam, CRM questions and any emergency we got in our career.. NEVER SAY NO.. Explain one or two issues you had and why resolve it!

As humble opinion the presentation also helps. Wear a nice suit for the screening process.

After screening, only 1 pass from 4. Yes it’s difficult but if you study you can make it!

Yes, upgrades are posibles depending on your performance..

I flew Captian on E145 and 190 for several years then 777 for a Chinese company as FO, and yes was the worst experience because the Chinese.

Even for FO, AA is a good place to start for NTR, any questions my WhatsApp +918431433809.

Good flights!