PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing at X-Roads?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2024, 21:29
remi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SLF3
my son did a one year industrial placement in a company with two production sites in the same town. Roughly the same size and similar products. At one there was a shared canteen for all the work force, and people mixed. The other had one for the plebs and one for the peasants. One had good industrial relations and ran like clockwork. The other struggled. One guess which did better.
Once upon a time I taught freelance programming classes. One of my clients was Daimler-Chrysler (... once upon a time!).

One of the prominent signs in the entry area was next to an elevator door. It read:

"EXECUTIVE DINING ROOM"

Originally Posted by tdracer
Wonder if there is any chance that Boeing could lure Mullally out of retirement for a few years to get the ship righted and back on-course...
Making Condit the CEO instead of Mullally back in about 1995 was perhaps the biggest mistake - every misstep traces back to that (particularly the focus on 'shareholder value' and the merger with MacDac).
The way they say it is:

"McDonnell Douglas bought Boeing with Boeing's own money."

But seriously, there must be people at Northrop, Embraer, GD, Textron, and/or Bombardier looking at Boeing, knowing it will be broken for at least another 10 years, and thinking that this is a once in an industry opportunity to get into the business.