PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow-3
Thread: Heathrow-3
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2024, 18:06
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
Osaka Kansei airport is sinking faster than was predicted at the time of construction. There is serious concern it may not be usable for as long as expected without some serious money being thrown at the problem.
Maplin Sands may not be a good idea for an airport
The correct site exists today for a genuine build out of a real unrestricted airport at Stansted ,

Yes a few rather nice cottages would need to be lost yet far fewer people would be inconvenienced , and several batts and a few of those newts (always the newts ! - ever seen a colony?) would need rehoming.

All that said in jest right now.
Going forward I see no good reason why UK PLC should continue to import carbon emissions and off sets generated by 30% of the traffic in transit.

If people can fly none stop ( Air India priming itself to do so) and with the ULH 350/787s why are we encouraging continued hub connections - often maintained by the awards “bribes” systems .

The entire industry and associated business model needs to change in the next decades -Frankly it’s absurd that (eg) FCO-LHR- JFK can be significantly cheaper than just JFK-LHR.

So as I previously said over many years the R3 scheme is not at all good value to UK PLC imho.

Sean LHR is only a good place to make connections into the rest of Europe from North America . Certainly not any of the emerging markets !

Evidently IAG are aware of this today pretty weak in East Asia and Africa , through are lifting Microsoft software “ engineers” from and to India and the US -currently a valuable revenue stream .
Now if Air India under TATA and associated *A star partners lift their game along with existing ME3 competition I question if BA can maintain that into the mid term .

Last edited by Rutan16; 24th Jan 2024 at 18:39.