PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing at X-Roads?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2024, 15:49
SLF3

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Uplinker
I think your last sentence is what is happening, and all I can think is that the rich super elite are draining society of money for their own ends, and sod the rest of us. In one manager's generation, they can have a very comfortable life, and the disasters they leave behind won't materially affect them in their own lifetimes.

As did Kelly Johnson of Lockheed years before that. Any engineer could walk into the office to ask about a component, any manager could walk onto the production line or the drawing office to observe and talk about the practicalities.

And that is the way to do it. once you separate managers and workers, it becomes us and them, the proles and the elite, which never works as well as everyone all working together towards a common aim.
my son did a one year industrial placement in a company with two production sites in the same town. Roughly the same size and similar products. At one there was a shared canteen for all the work force, and people mixed. The other had one for the plebs and one for the peasants. One had good industrial relations and ran like clockwork. The other struggled. One guess which did better.