PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA f/os Wanting GSS commands
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2004, 18:35
Captain Correlli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tandem Rotor, an interesting comment ref my own posts on this thread.

To clarify, whilst I have indeed made my thoughts plain on the overbearing 'might is right' attitude of BA and the BACC on this thread about GSS, what I have not done is discuss any contractual specifics, pay grades, job entitlements which go with either pilot community. This is because, not being part of either community, I am factually unaware of those specifics. This does not preclude me from observing the broad brush ethical and moral bankrupcy of the BACC case.
Now, with ref Hand Solo, though not part of BACX, he has the gall to persistently refer to BACX terms and conditions and the detail thereof, which he consistently gets wrong. He refers to BACX CC decisions and decision making processes, which he had no part in, and which he blurs the emphasis of.

Like many of the BA community posting here, he should be a politician, because his prevarications, mendacity and posturing only ever seek to better his own lot (nothing philosophically wrong with that, BTW), but at the expense of smaller more vulnerable pilot communities. I suppose the larger hogs always manage to get their snouts in the trough sooner and stay for longer. Watching the BACC's endeavours, I am depressingly reminded of a cynic's description of life as rather like being a maggot in a jamjar, always trying to get to the top by climbing over one's colleagues.

(Finally, if his name isn't Kevin, why does it appear as such on the BA BALPA website (some of us have contacts too!!)