PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on TUI Fly programme in Belgium
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2024, 17:16
Nemoclown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WindyTurtle
before anything, i take it you meet the requirements of being an EU citizen?

i'm really thinking about this MPL too. generally MPLs seem so sketchy. if anything goes wrong, you've spent all your money on a qualification that doesn't mean anything to anyone besides TUI. However, if everything goes well, you've got cheap 'flight training' and a contract with TUI at the end. i think it's worth reading the small print and reading through the posts about Easy's MPL to see how that was handled. i'm also assuming the MPL is relatively competitive considering the price, albeit nowhere near as competitive as the full-funded MPL?

edit: i just read the job post properly. it says that after successful completion of the training, you're offered an 8-month contract with TUI with a possibility of extension. what does this mean!? if they decide not to extend the contract, am I still left with an MPL or will that have been converted into a fATPL to go elsewhere? there's no way they're profitting by letting their type-rated MPL pilots go to another airline after just 8 months. now im quite confused.

Yeah I'm Irish. I have the exact same thoughts as you. Will need to find this all out on the initial call. I think they are still profiting though. Or not profiting, but it's getting them the necessary pilots they need to at least cover their busy summer period I suspect. Because the actual flying hours are low, the cost you pay for the course and the cost that they take from you from your salary in those 8 months cover it. I suspect there will not be too much competition as not many have the money. I'm 29 and been saving for years and can just about scrape it