PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From low cost airline to executive aviation
Old 22nd Jan 2024, 08:04
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stilton
Never had to deal with passengers, they’re behind the cockpit door and taken care of by professionals
Nor did ever say that you had to. Donīt put words in my mouth.

As to staying in nice hotels in exotic spots that’s normal with a good airline however I don’t want to hang around them for days, I’d prefer to be at home
Fine, so you are different then - e.g. - me. Which was one of my points to begin with: we are all different with different takes on life. I could also have said: you donīt know my wife then ?

Last but not least: working an airline in Europe vs. the US is vastly different, as is bizjet flying. My comments are made fro a european perspective after 34 yrs in business aviation. I do know some people in 'the airlines' very well, namely copilots that did their first baby steps in 'my' cockpit. One of them is PIC on 777s in airfreight, one flies A340s and is now in a regional, the other guy was with Emirates and now drives a 320 around Europe. One is with NetJets finally after many years in command. I talk regularly to these folks and think I know the other side(s) a bit.