PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran
Thread: Iran
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2024, 15:22
ex-fast-jets

Received 84 Likes on 22 Posts
ORAC confirms that - "It’s already a void…."

For holidays, I would think that the whole area is now an "avoid".

So, apart from a lack of Suez revenue for Egypt, what is this all doing to vacations in UAE, Oman, Sharm El-Sheikh, and any other hot and sunny areas in that region? I imagine Israel and Jordan are already off the agenda, if not others - and transit flights through Qatar etc?? Cruise ships transiting the Suez? I doubt it!!

There surely must be a fairly major revenue reduction for many, but I have yet to see any comment from Egypt, Bahrein, UAE etc etc.

Similarly, the trade from India, China, Pakistan, Malaysia etc must have been adversely affected by the need now to transit around the Cape - but again, very little or no comment or support from them that I have seen.

It all seems to be left to the "Great Satan" with some superficial support - and some actual military support from the UK. If Trump follows up his criticism of European NATO nations for not spending enough on defence, and relying on the USA to defend their countries, then I could see that policy going a little further - if he gets in.