PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA Interview Questions
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2024, 21:53
Clare Prop

Received 242 Likes on 111 Posts
Originally Posted by theprincex
Spot on and looking back I was nearly sucked in the trap, I have flown "desired" aircraft by Darwin standards throughout my training but that doesn't matter due to the fact the aircraft HAD to be back at base an hour before last light! No allowance for multi day trips with fellow students exploring country airstrips interstate, instructors picking set routes *yuck* and laxed cancellation policies for inclement weather which was counter intuitive. My relearning perse in the BE58 and 206 had me buzzing for more but then my bank account ran dry! This all comes back to students being sold a lie at the beginning and incompetent teachings.
And as the government money keeps pouring in they are now using the "we need more women in Aviation" mantra and even targeting schoolkids now too to try and suck more people in. I tell them to talk to employers and financial advisors first but the glossy sales pitches are very effective and they would rather take financial advice from a salesman or a Grade 3 insutrctor, the sort of advice that could probably lead to a real financial planner getting in some strife...

I reckon they should have a limited number of VET places, and the funding only becomes available for the next starter when someone who has got the loan has held down employment for a year. It is meant to fulfil an insutry need and it clearly isn't. After the SOAR debacle you'd think that the government would be more careful with those astronomical amounts of taxpayers money but there are some very powerful people who rely on this scheme so nothing will change.

Otherwise this will soon be the only training pathway available apart from RAAus.