PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA Interview Questions
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2024, 09:34
theprincex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Clare Prop
And yet the Big Schools will tell them they need to just buy more and more courses and qualifications, oh and a Job Ready course blah blah when what they really need is some interesting command time in their logbook. Would you really want someone whose first timein command outside their flying school's comfort zone will be with a load of passengers in the back?

A trip around the outback, across the Nullarbor, things like that will be far more relevant that 70 hours flying within a small triangle within 100nm of home and a swag of ratings.
Spot on and looking back I was nearly sucked in the trap, I have flown "desired" aircraft by Darwin standards throughout my training but that doesn't matter due to the fact the aircraft HAD to be back at base an hour before last light! No allowance for multi day trips with fellow students exploring country airstrips interstate, instructors picking set routes *yuck* and laxed cancellation policies for inclement weather which was counter intuitive. My relearning perse in the BE58 and 206 had me buzzing for more but then my bank account ran dry! This all comes back to students being sold a lie at the beginning and incompetent teachings.
The following users liked this post: