PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shenzhen & Hainan A/Ls hiring
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2004, 14:55
Jim Morehead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LEPILOT
On the first part, I am not sure why some get their thrills on beating up on each other. It's fine to have differences of opinion. All people of the world view things a little differently of course. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

On the China (mainland China) experience, I think I can relate. I've had many more PVG and PEK layovers than the Taiwan guys for obvious reasons. From the US, I flew to both of those cities direct and enjoyed the time there,but you are right about English and the things there are to do. Mainland China is night and day compared to Taiwan in living conditions, temperature, people's acceptance, etc. Taiwan has a zillion motor scooters and cars where mainland China is more bicycles. PVG/Shanghai is growing fast and the new airport is poised for growth.

Down in your island, I presume you are more in a tourist (?) area and more beaches and warmer temperatures. I would think somewhat like Hong Kong and the islands surrounding HKG. I've walked most of those and you would have to find plenty to do to keep you occupied. There are no MacDonald's, 7/11s, and Irish pubs! But walks and hikes around the islands were enjoyable ending at a seafood market and good brew.

Who knows? Someday Taiwan and the mainland will start flying nonstop direct.