PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CSA Czech Airlines - how to commit commercial suicide
Old 26th Jan 2004, 13:48
Final 3 Greens

CSA Czech Airlines - how to commit commercial suicide

I arrived at STN last night to take the 1830 CSA flight to Prague and discovered it had been canx at 1500, due to 'bad weather' (snow) at Prague.

There was no contingency plan, just a commitment to provide further information at 1815 and the possibility that CSA 'might' arrange a bus to connect with the 2100 flight out of Heathrow, subject to 'operational' circumstances. In other words, useless.

Fortunately, easyJet had some space left on their 1815 service and I sorted myself out.

Even though the aircraft was late back in from its previous sector and the original captain was taken ill and a standby replacement called in, a departure delayed by nearly 2 hours was much better than the CSA uncertainty.

easyJet are obviously competing hard with CSA on this route and in this instance the 'full service carrier' behaved like a 'loco' and vice versa.

If this type of behaviour becomes a regular feature, easyJet will no doubt mop up - I was travelling on business (am a FQTV with CSA) and non arrival could have had severe consequences.