PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From low cost airline to executive aviation
Old 19th Jan 2024, 07:52
stilton

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by His dudeness
I´ll be the devils advocate, sorta...

If you care looking at an increasingly unpleasant passenger crowd at the finger and never really see and have time to explore foreign cities and countries - then the airline is the way to go. A lot offer even being home every night. "Hi Honey, were have you been today and how was your day?" ", "well Postion 493 at FRA to Gate24 in Mallorca and back, then had the police come and take a unruly drunkard off my aircraft, then I flew to Edinburgh and back with even more drunks on board"

If you like to meet (some) interesting people and are an explorer - go to the business jet side of things. "Hi Honey, were have you been today and how was your week ? "Well monday mornin I flew to Cairo and visited the pyramids, courtesy of the company, then I had dinner with the boss in the 5 Star Hotel we stayed in and the next day, at a civilized hour, we took off for Accra in Ghana, stayed 2 nights in a 5 Star with a fantastic pool and restaurant poolside and then we took of for Fez at 0900 in the morning and visited the medina and had lamb with humus in the evening under a full moon. Next day we took of at 1400 back home, then I did a toilet service, catered the airplane up, put it in the hangar, checked the oil and tire pressure, did my paperwork, the flight planning for the next big trip, hugged the aircraft and wished it a good rest, closed the hangar doors and now I´m here to be at home for 6 days before we go flying again - if the company does not change its mind, that is..."

Thats my take on my work life in a corporate flight department these days. Business aviation is a multifacetted world, very few operations are like the one next door, just like Ryanair is - I guess - really different than say Lufthansa.

Never had to deal with passengers, they’re behind the cockpit door and taken care of by professionals

As to staying in nice hotels in exotic spots that’s normal with a good airline however I don’t want to hang around them for days, I’d prefer to be at home

Last edited by stilton; 19th Jan 2024 at 08:19.