View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2024, 10:58
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyGatwick
A few highlights from ACL's LGW preliminary slot allocations for summer 2024:

ITA Airways FCO double daily (NEW)

Play KEF daily (NEW)

Qatar Airways DOH two additional daily frequencies (rebuilding frequencies to pre-Covid level: three daily)

Spicejet DEL daily (potentially NEW as the airline doesn't have any suitable long-haul aircraft, such as the A330 / 340 or 787 nor any pilots qualified to fly them, so would have to rely on another ACMI operator like Air Belgium, Highfly, Titan or Wamos if it really wants to launch this route (I recall from memory that this is what they did to operate a limited no. of flights between DEL and LHR under the so-called bubble flight arrangements between the UK and India during the pandemic.)

Sri Lankan CMB approx 2×weekly (1st return to LGW in over 30 yrs)

Additional frequencies also for Air India to add another 6 weekly flights from / to AMD, ATQ, COK and GOX

B6 BOS 1 daily (additional to the already existing daily service, effectively doubling the existing frequency from 1 to 2 daily)

BA ACC 1 weekly (expanding total weekly frequencies from 3 to 4)

TK IST 3 weekly (expanding existing weekly frequencies from 21 to 24, with 3 daily on Mon & Thu, 2 daily on Tue and 4 daily on Wed, Fri, Sat & Sun)

Also additional frequencies for big 3 Chinese state-owned airlines (CA / CZ / MU) from / to various points in China

Which of the potential new Gatwick airlines that have been successful in being awarded slots at the airport for summer 2024, are we likely to see making their Gatwick debut?

In my opinion, I wouldn't be surprised if those listed below actually using their newly awarded slots:

ATI Airways

Play

Sri Lankan Airlines

Spicejet (more likely now than I initially thought as the airline seems to have arrested its downward spiral, as a result of a recent, major capital infusion by one of the original co- founders of Spicejet rival Indigo, who has recently acquired a stake in the airline with a firm view of turning around its flagging financial performance of recent years to enable it to look to the future with confidence again and to firm up new, major expansion plans)

It'd be nice to see as many of these tails at LGW as possible.
Sri Lankan to Gatwick would be interesting- essentially the same thing as what Air Mauritius did when they left LHR. Unsure what their existing frequency at Heathrow is, but I'm thinking a move to LGW would only happen on the basis that they could increase frequency over what is currently offered at LHR.

RE. Play- I wonder if this would be in addition to, or a replacement of their STN service?