PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2024, 10:55
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just returned to London with CX via HKG. An excellent set of flights overall, notwithstanding a series of delays when I flew LHR-HKG a few weeks ago. Definitely preferred the A351 on CX238 versus the 77W (CX251)- as others have experienced and commented previously, the A350 feels much more spacious and certainly quieter over the 77W, so I'm glad I got the chance to fly on it before LHR flights are fully reverted to the 777 come March.

I am very interested to see what CX plan (if anything) RE. capacity in London now that this route is becoming busier and in higher demand. While in transit in HKG yesterday, both my flight (CX251) and CX255 were completely full and the ground staff mentioned that this is common now, with overbooking also occurring on the two overnight flights to London. Luggage space on board during boarding was also limited, with cabin crew having to check many bags into the hold. I'm wondering wether CX will try and add further capacity to LHR (unlikely due to slot availability) or reopen LGW this year, as it seems like more capacity is needed?