PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 30-40 Virgin Blue Cabin Crew Quit each month ?
Old 26th Jan 2004, 08:41
smile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Left2primary,

Yes I can see myself doing the same thing in 5 years time. Why wouldn't I? (Although maybe part time for a couple of years because I'm hoping to have one or two 'little-me's' at that time--but that's a whole other thread)

At the end of the last financial year I compared my group cert with that of a friend who is MEL based for QF. She has been employed for 3 years with QF. I had only been employed by Virgin for 1 year. After tax I took home $6000(approx) less than her for the year. Taking into account that I would have had 5 weeks on the training wage as well as not working any days off,and I think I was only called in for 2 available days (@ 18/hr- I think -that was the old EBA). I think that I did quite well for myself.

I also have a university degree. It would take me quite a few years -not to mention a bit of butt kissing- to earn what I earn now at Virgin if I was employed in the real world.

Yes we are under the industry norm for Australia- the benchmark being QF, but look at what we earn in Australia compared to Europe.