PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Lounge/Non AC pilots banned!
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2024, 09:34
Central Scrutinizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Oxbig
I work for a large Biz Jet company in Europe and fly regularly with LH. I have no issue removing my jacket and epaulettes to use the lounge and remember being refused entry (in a very polite way) until I did so on my first occasion as a Frequent Traveller (LH Silver card). I also understand why I need to remove them onboard any carrier - you could be mistaken for part of the crew in an emergency.
Hi Mike, I work as a bizjet pilot too.

EASA regulations (or was it an AMC? can't remember) say that cabin crew travelling as in the pax cabin must remove any items that may have passengers confused as to whether they are operating the flight or not. This makes some safety sense because "arguably" in an emergency you don't want your pax asking/looking for someone who's not cabin crew on their flight.
But they say nothing like that for pilots. Every passenger understands that pilots travel in the back sometimes as well. I've never had any issue with this.

Regarding the LH lounges, I've used the ones in FRA, in uniform, and they've never said anything about it.