PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Air Terror Strike Fear"
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2004, 05:42
Zlin526

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If these publicity seeking MP to$$ers worried less about recreational light aircraft and more about the hordes of 'asylum seekers' that I sometimes see wandering along the M25 in the morning, then I'm sure they'd get more votes (and much more publicity of course!). Unfortunately for the Law-abiding GA community, the anti-aviation brigade will now have even more ammo to deny us the right to fly. I agree, the danger of unscrupulous pilots is always there, but pilots do actually land in fields and airstrips for quite legitimate reasons....

..Mr Ayling said although police had received reports of suspicious light aircraft landings in remote fields or airstrips around Kent, no-one involved has yet been caught.
So how do they know they were suspicious? Pilot wearing a stripey t-shirt and a black eye patch? Bag of 'Swag' over his shoulder?

Which reminds me. What ever happened to the incident of a French helicopter landing on Romney Marsh and disgorging a whole load of Economic Migrants'??? I believe it featured on these very pages, but cant seem to find it.