PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI MPL Cadet Programme Jan 2024
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2024, 09:26
outofcorporate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,

Late to the party...

I have done the digital interview (which I think went okay!), but am a little worried about my background. I think for anything else I have a pretty strong profile (oxford degree (in social sciences subject), working in management consulting), however I only came to the definitive conclusion I wanted to be a professional pilot after I graduated.

Whilst I grew up with a pilot dad, and have always loved aviation, I'm worried my motivations aren't as self evident as someone who knew this was the path they wanted to follow from day dot, and studied aerospace and did RAF cadets for 5 years etc etc. I think being part of the world of aviation was so ambient growing up I didnt realise how passionate I was about it until I wasn't flying around on jumpseats every couple months anymore haha.

Do you think I have any chance? I have done a couple flying lessons, and am looking to do some gliding more regularly in the spring, but im worried this wont be enough. Do you think TUI may appreciate the transferrable skills? Fingers crossed they do!

Best of luck to everyone else still in process