PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any UK Border Force or Passport staffing here
Old 15th Jan 2024, 16:58
DaveReidUK

Received 206 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrewgr2
UK e-gates always reject my passport regardless of airport. It works fine at those overseas airports that will accept UK biometric passports. As mentioned in earlier posts Border Force agents won’t tell you what the problem is but I have, I think, managed to solicit the information that someone with a similar name is on a list. And separately, that I shouldn’t even bother trying to use an e- gate and that there is nothing wrong with my passport. It’s frustrating not knowing how long this problem will go on, and s ems extraordinary that having been checked by an officer once my record can’t be marked as OK.
My previous passport never worked in the Heathrow e-gates during its entire 10-year life.

What was particularly irritating was the insistence of the jobsworths at LHR (HAL, not Border Force) that I should nevertheless queue up at the e-gates every time instead of simply going direct to the manual inspection desks.