PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What did you do to return into aviation after a break for whatever reason
Old 15th Jan 2024, 10:44
dynamite dean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What did you do to return into aviation after a break for whatever reason

Hello bizjetters past present and errr...

Since loosing my role in 2022 (super midsize cpt) been flying since the 1990's but biz jet since 2006, what did ''y'all'' do to get back into aviation. Just curious nothing more. Flew a FAA HA4T the renewal cost is 25k plus expenses . Last flew a global in 2016 on a EASA ticket. So I am well and truly a pumpkin. I also threw a lot of dosh on a US eb2 visa but I'll look like gandolf long before that gets (if ever) issued.

I'd like to hear some stories about what you did and how you managed to return to aviation, I'm not stupid I know to a HR person I'd look like a plank. To a fellow pilot who gone through the moves there'd be more sympathy. Ive had or held 6 different license paid for the odd type rating along the way which ultimately was an expensive indulgence with not much come back. So I've been around the Block and not really have the appetite nor wallet to be messing about with new type ratings when the house eventually sells.

Alright thanks for your stories and thoughts.

DD