PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From low cost airline to executive aviation
Old 15th Jan 2024, 08:41
flylevel390

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all your advice!

You're right. I have to evaluate the facts for me personally. No one can do that for me...
It would be so much easier if I wouldn't have so many choices here, but there are so many chances.

I think this job in the Biz Av isn't too bad. From what I've heard this company is already at the upper edge of the GA spectrum. With the possible move to a Gulfstream in a few years that shouldn't be that bad. Sounds for me personally like loads of fun compared to scheduled air service. I see it in the same way as EatMyShorts!. Technically I would prefer bizjets to old ac. like B737 and A320. I know one working for NJE and he suggested to move later on to NJE, if this job isn't for me. He seams to be also quite happy at NJE. Could be a way.
On the other hand the airlines offer huge benefits from the beginning as fully paid insurance, great compensation, travel opportunities, stability (but NJ also tries to provide these apparently)...

As you can see I'm more into BizAv as my feeling / heart or whatever says so. But I didn't fully decide yet.

At my current age of 27 a good financial perspective would be beneficial (living, wife, etc.) so this is fundamental for me right now. I think I'll try to get an exemplary duty schedule and talk to prospective colleagues from the cockpit there.

Last edited by flylevel390; 15th Jan 2024 at 14:19.