PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI MPL Cadet Programme Jan 2024
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2024, 07:59
TrackingFlights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Full_Throttle_
That is strange, I've just completed the assessments myself and scored above average in all 3 and have received a digital interview invite straight away. Have you found out any answer to this from TUI? Those tests were definitely challenging, I wonder how many they plan to cut based on just those test results.....

Unrelated, I'm also a BA final-stager (what a great xmas present that was haha!). I see there's quite a few of us on this thread, I'm guessing most of us will have applied to TUI whilst waiting for another crack at the Speedbird Academy!
According to a YouTube video I watched (take it with a pich of salt), last year's TUI numbers were:

6700 applicants
2000 interviews (assuming digital interview?)
30 cadets taken

They didn't mention numbers at the assessment centre but they're planning to run it over 5 days this year, so maybe 80-160 people, where half or so go to the simulation stage? (Pure speculation)

Looking through last year's thread, it looks like a lot more people got through with "lower" scores (we don't know how they're grading it, it's probably a % score on a normal distribution curve averaged on all 3 tests, as 2 people get the same report but only one gets the digital interview).

They closed the TUI applications part way through last year, due to volume of applications, and then re-opened them, so I'm assuming they're tightening the score criteria to not be inundated (I would not envy the recruitment team, it must be very hard to choose people for the assessment centre from far fewer stages!).

I expect a larger number of applicants this year. According to Skyborne, British Airways had 28,000 applicants for Speedbird (and they forecast even more in April) due to the advertisement they did. During research, I'm sure most of these people have found the TUI scheme. Sure, some won't have the money to cover their food/bills over the TUI scheme and some people have an aversion to MPLs, but I don't think that'll be more than 50%. I will be really interested in the number of applications this year, I'm assuming at least 10,000.