View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2024, 11:26
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UK

Originally Posted by CabinCrewe
Seems like EK happy with UK routes into 24
https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/...kings-for-2024
Interesting as capacity doesn't seem to be increasing in the UK at present although I realise things can indeed change quickly and I assume the current adjustments are due to aircraft issues/upgrades but does anyone know if this is maintenance related or cabin upgrades related with certain types. I realise if one sub-fleet is reduced it has a knock-on effect for the other fleets and thus expansion.

I had a look at the 615 seat A388 as it is a pretty small sub-fleet and easy to check and was surprised to find so far in January only 5 of the 15 flying of which 4 are on maintenance and 6 yet to reappear post covid. I believe the 615 seat aircraft are not going 4 class is that a correct assumption?

Out of the 4 on maintenance one last flew 11/11/23, another 9/12, one 25/12 another 31/12.

So far only this year only BHX has received the 615 seat aircraft in the UK on a regular basis and Dusseldorf in Europe and the odd Frankfurt service. I realise the time of year can make it an optimum time for maintenance/cabin upgrades and I doubt you can be too fussy if offered a hangar slot but it does seem strange that 4 out of 9 to be out of use at the same time. I seem to remember the Gatwick 777 pre planned but was the Manchester all 3 class service planned as well or is their another driver at play. Is this a non-story or more to it?

Pete