PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Category 4 Medical: A Dilemma on "Transport Canada" File Numbers
Old 14th Jan 2024, 01:31
MRFarhadi1996

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish Category 4 Medical: A Dilemma on "Transport Canada" File Numbers

Hey y'all,

I hope everybody's doing well. I was looking into converting my ICAO ATPL into TC ATPL, and first things first, I did my Category 1 Medical Certificate last week. Everything went smoothly, except for one thing: Timing.
According to the AME's experience, it would take 3 to 4 months for the initial issuance of the Category 1 Medical Certificate. As I was considering doing the trio-exams (SAMRA/SARON/INRAT) sooner than the 4-month barrier that currently sits in the way of my destiny, just to get a 5802-Nº file no., I asked the AME Doctor if I can get a semi-instantaneous Category 4 Medical while I'm waiting for my Category 1 to arrive.

The thing is, I just received "a" file number from Transport Canada the next day I filed both my Category 1 and Category 4 with the AME, but it's a six-digit standalone number starting with 9xxxxx and no 5802- in the beginning.

- Is it possible to book the trio-exams with this file number, provided by Transport Canada?
- Might it be different from the file number when getting a Category 1 issued? If any?
- Does it need to be mentioned that before this six-digit 9xxxxx file no., a "5802-" comes beforehand?

Thanks a lot, in advance, for putting me out of confusion,
Rez