PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC contributed to 15% of flight delays in December
Old 13th Jan 2024, 22:09
KRviator

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by ReportVisual
The obvious solution is to roster the overtime the same way as other shifts. The EBA stipulates that reasonable overtime should be completed, I don't see why controllers should not do 1-2 additional shifts every 2-3 weeks. This is normal in other companies and it only seems to be the controllers that have a problem with it. ASA has a robust fatigue management system and therefor the constant complaining about fatigue is absolute rubbish.

The airlines and customers should not have to face delays just because the controllers don't want to play their part in the system. We need a clean out and those who don't want to support the company should just go.
Good on ya champ. I love it when people trot out the "You must do OT to man the business, your EBA says so..." Now go find the legal definition of "Reasonable overtime". I'll wait...

CityRail tried that bollocks on in Sydney in 2004 and again later years when they were in a similar boat - completely and utterly reliant on their crew working overtime to staff the normal roster. Crews were burning out and come EBA time, they said "You can stick your OT up your asre!". CityRail took them to court arguing they had to do reasonable OT and the courts found there was no acceptable definition of 'reasonable OT', the crew were contracted for 38H a week, and that was all they had to do. It wasn't their fault the network would collapse if they didn't work OT...

To the ASA guys and girls, I say this - Don't put your health or your relationship at risk trying to cover ASA's shortfall. You're no different to anyone else, you're just a number, and while I get that you take pride in what you do and want to keep us moving, if you choose to spend your RDO's at the beach with your family, and as a result I get "Clearance not available", I wouldn't care in the slightest. Your family comes first.