PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2024, 13:57
Hardrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boulanger
You shadow the Captain and First Officer a bit by verifying the loading and the fuel you take on.

Once you are on the aircraft, you sometimes help out on the security check and ensuring required emergency equipment is on board.

​Then you make the bunks so that your colleagues can sleep.
​​
After that, you watch your colleagues fly until 20,000 feet. At which point, if it is in the middle of the night, you will swap out with one of the front seat crews, and monitor the cruise while they take their rest. You will likely be PM, so you will mostly just handle the radios and take a fuel check every hour.

Some time before top of descent, you will be back in your jumpseat, and watch until the airplane is parked.
Why do you want to become a pilot?

Because I enjoy making the bunks, watching my colleagues to fly while me sitting at the back eating sandwiches, posting selfies of myself in the cockpit bragging about my pilot life to my friends and family on instagram but in fact I'm just an office boy, that to me, is the greatest joy in my life and I am happy to do it for 6/7 years with no complaint at all. That's why I want to become a pilot. A pilot that will do takeoffs and landing in a simulator but not in real life! And I am totally happy with the ****ty pay and fine to be a slave, as long as I am a pilot of Cathay Pathetic! WooHoo!