PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From low cost airline to executive aviation
Old 13th Jan 2024, 10:32
stilton

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Moonwalker
All I can say is that I've seen both the airline and business jet side of this industry and the challenges I face in the day to day ops in a long range business jet is not even comparable to the ones I experienced in the airlines. If you want an easy life. Stay in the airlines.

I had much more airport stand by with my airlines compared to my business jet "airline". I haven't had an airport stand by for as long as I remember. Either you fly or you don't.

I've never emptied a toilet on my business jet

What I mean with bureaucratic types is that I've seen plenty of airline guys joining and some see it as they've finally found their home and others don't last more than 6 months. Their mindset is too rigid and close-minded.

I definitely want the easiest life possible, why would you deliberately choose a more difficult career with far less pay, benefits and lifestyle ?

I certainly had enough hard times in aviation working for unscrupulous operators before I had the experience necessary to work for an airline

I sat ‘airport standby’ about half a dozen times total in a 23 year airline career

When I was flying freight many years ago I saw business jet pilots sitting around in FBOs all the time, waiting all day for the boss to return

Airline pilots are no more ‘rigid and closed minded’ than other pilots

On the other hand they are used to a highly organized, very large organization with a high level of support, well maintained aircraft and union labor contracts that look out for their interests

That is a very good thing