PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Hold Pool
Thread: Jet2 Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2024, 09:54
Mr Good Cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by apin
Just to clarify, I'm current in the military - and haven't done 20 years service so am not eligible for the Managed Pathway scheme. I'll have to apply directly for non type rated first officer.

I'm eligible to hand my notice in from July 2024, which would make me available to work from July 2025. However I can delay the notice to any point, but it will still be a year.

Hopefully Jet2 will let me apply with a long notice period, but if not, it would be really useful to know when during the year Jet 2 do their new pilot course dates- this will allow me to plan handing in my notice. In an ideal world I'd want to start a course September 2026, but I'm not sure if they only start intakes at certain times of the year.

​​
I'm not sure of the current holding pool expiry date, but I guess it's one year from interview. If that's the case, you might need to delay your interview until AFTER you've started serving your notice, so that you're still in the pool upon leaving the military. The recruitment team would know more, but I think they're probably too busy to answer individual emails. The big push at the moment is for rated A321 pilots, or those requiring a short course from 330s. Non-rated means you're likely to get on to the 737 if you're flexible with basing.

Either way, hope you find out what you need.