PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Port Moresby PNG, is burning - 10th Jan, worst ever civil uprising
Old 13th Jan 2024, 08:01
Duck Pilot

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts
It’s always interesting to read the keyboard warrior’s opinions and views when something goes pear shaped in PNG.

To be quite frank, the Australian media (as they always like to do) have pumped the propaganda machine up with misinformation and pure sh!t!

What interest have I got in PNG, firstly I’m an Australian taxpayer and pay way to much tax to the ATO - I’m sure it’s a bucket load more than most commentators here, ala the best part of 40K per FY, and I also pay tax in PNG as I fly in PNG.

I certainly do not like the behaviour that occurred on Wednesday in Port Moresby. PNG is an independent country and they deserve to be, and they are totally capable of doing so in my opinion, it’s certainly NOT a failed state.

We have seen similar events before that I won’t elaborate on, however two things that Papua New Guineans are passionate about - Rugby League and Politics and this will never change!

What’s the solution? Australia and other Country’s including China need to continue to support PNG, not only financially but also in trade, training and mentoring and I’m sure there are a lot of other things.

Just take a moment or two to reflect back on what PNG and it’s citizens sacrifice in World War 2 to keep the Japanese out of Australia.

Last edited by Duck Pilot; 14th Jan 2024 at 00:29.
The following 5 users liked this post by Duck Pilot: