PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Overseas conversion
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2024, 06:15
Bravo Papa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey there, I'm in the process of doing the same thing. I'm approved for the three conversion exams and have contacted Ansett Aviation Training about doing the ATPL Flight Test in one of their sims down the track. It seems like a pretty tedious task and I've been seriously considering going the NZ ATPL then TTMRA route instead, it just seems a lot more practical.

CASA want the ATPL conversion exam, Air Law and IR exams followed by the ATPL Flight Test and IR Flight Test. Apparently the IR Flight Test can not be combined with the ATPL Flight Test too.

In NZ it is one ATPL conversion exam and an ATPL Flight Test, which is much more in line with how other countries do it. I've converted my licence in another country before and it was just an Air Law exam and a Skill Test in the Airbus sim. This is the website for more info regarding NZ conversion Recognising foreign pilot licences

Either way if you need a sim partner down the track for the ATPL Flight Test let me know, I'll probably be on the lookout for the same thing.
The following users liked this post: