PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From low cost airline to executive aviation
Old 12th Jan 2024, 08:21
TheAirMission

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flylevel390
Interesting thread. Fits quite nicely to my current dilemma. Maybe one can give me a career advice.

I'm really a GA guy (lots of private flying in my past). Now I have been offered a job in a reputable corporate jet company in Europe and also Eurowings too....

I would start on a Citation with the possibility to a upgrade to a Gulfstream later on (they pay for everything...). This job opportunity really motivates me and I'm glad I got the offer.
And then there is Eurowings (A320)... Better pay, more routine, more stress (block time per y), of course all the benefits you get with the airlines, but maybe more boredom in the end?

What do you think? Should I go for the more interesting, reputable corporate gig or take the option with more money and join the airlines?
Thanks in advance.
The Corporate job must be pretty low pay if Eurowings will be better pay, is that guranteed or just based on average block hours at EW? If you're a private guy and this is your first airline job offer, is it worth the risk, have you spoke to anyone within EW ops that gives you the low down of the work lifestyle there. Also, how does it work with your commute from home, which is better for you?