PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 206L-1 fuel system
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2024, 02:38
albatross

Received 156 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Devil 49
I had a couple days in the Gulf of Mexico in a straight 206L. Nice bird if you're empty, fast, for a 206, but weak to pathetic if you gotta carry anything.
They could be challenging LOL You could be limited in cruise as to how much Q you could pull before you would be near MCP temp.

Ever use the “Water Alcohol Injection System”. That could be “Fun”

My “Lots of Danger Ranger” L time is pretty evenly divided between the L and L-1.
The 206 was humorously referred to as the “Death Ranger” An Astar was a “Death Star”, “DisAstar” or “Falling Star”, a 500 was a “Boiled Egg with a Hard On” . Hey …stuck in a tent or trailer pre-internet and no phone for 6-8 weeks or more at a time we were easily amused.

A straight L at 1000ASL and -30C was great. No problem getting 100%Q and the airframe was lighter than an L-1
I vaguely recall that you started to temp out around +25 or 30C at 1000 ASL. Having an over spec engine was a good thing and most of ours were well over.
Temps in that area varied between -45C in Winter and +35 in Summer. Fun Daze.

I once flew a 206L-1 750 hard working hours in one year with 1, yes, 1 AOG snag. which required 20 minutes to fix. She was a wonder machine. I still think fondly of her. We had some truly marvellous Engineers.

Anyhow Thanks to Everyone for the help.
Cheers
Albatross ( my boss once said, with an exasperated smile, during one of our frequent friendly debates: ”Sometimes you can be ‘The Albatross hanging around my neck’ !” )

Last edited by albatross; 12th Jan 2024 at 02:57.
The following 2 users liked this post by albatross: