PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aspiring Pilot Completely Lost
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2024, 01:10
AgileBotato

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Aspiring Pilot Completely Lost

I'm a 15 year old who is midway through his first year of iGCSE's. I've always wanted to be a pilot since a young age and have been doing a majority of my research the past few days. I've read that it's recommended to get a degree and UND looks to be a good school for me but I'm not sure about the course. Do I do the Commercial Aviation Degree and come out with a bachelor's or the Phoenix-Mesa Accelerated Program? I'm an international student who live's in Kuwait so I'm not too sure of the current job requirements. Even if I do graduate what do I do after? It's not like it's a fairy-tale world where I go and instantly start flying as a commercial pilot. I'm being realistic here and I don't expect to be a commercial pilot until I'm about 22 maybe 21.

Before all of that, I'm curious of what grades are necessary to even become a pilot. I'm currently am predicted to get a 3.5-3.75 GPA but should I do my A levels? Is it necessary for college?

Being a commercial pilot has always been the dream but sometimes dreams don't always work out. I enjoy comp-sci and my brother is in his first year at ASU and from what I hear, enjoy's it. Should I go to a flight school and instead get a bachelor's in Comp-Sci? A backup plan is always necessary. Where I live flight school's aren't exactly very popular so I'd rather go abroad and get better education there. Should I even go to America seeing that I am currently in a British school system?

I'm still learning about the reality of being a pilot and any tips or pieces of advice are greatly appreciated. I do apologies if this post has already been sent a bunch of times but I'm trying to find what's best for me. All answers are appreciated in advanced!