PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From low cost airline to executive aviation
Old 11th Jan 2024, 12:50
Moonwalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stilton
I don’t remember too many ‘bureaucratic types’ at the airline I flew for and there were plenty of unknown challenges and variety on every single trip flying on a route system that spanned the globe

I’ve heard this mindset promoted before from pilots in the business jet community who try to rationalize the job benefits of flying into a greater variety of sub par airports, loading their passengers bags, emptying the aircraft toilets, hanging around at the airport all day waiting for the boss who expects no limit to their duty day and always being on call to name just a few

There’s simply no comparison to the airlines who offer greater benefits, much higher pay, bigger, more comfortable equipment with proper crew rest facilities, significantly greater choices in predictable monthly schedules with days off that are guaranteed and better vacation and retirement plans
All I can say is that I've seen both the airline and business jet side of this industry and the challenges I face in the day to day ops in a long range business jet is not even comparable to the ones I experienced in the airlines. If you want an easy life. Stay in the airlines.

I had much more airport stand by with my airlines compared to my business jet "airline". I haven't had an airport stand by for as long as I remember. Either you fly or you don't.

I've never emptied a toilet on my business jet

What I mean with bureaucratic types is that I've seen plenty of airline guys joining and some see it as they've finally found their home and others don't last more than 6 months. Their mindset is too rigid and close-minded.