PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAL incident at Haneda Airport
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2024, 18:38
MikeSnow

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jumpseater
Telling the departure they are number one for departure after one landing every single time, is a waste of frequency bandwidth.
I've counted six "good evenings" in the official transcript, basically one every 3 transmissions. Since there was time to squeeze those greetings in, I don't think adding "after one landing" or "we have [a] landing" when the situation warrants it would be too much.

Speaking of politeness, one thing I found a bit strange about the transcript was the last part of the readback from the -8: "Taxi to holding point C5 JA722A No.1, Thank you". No other readbacks from the transcript ended with a thank you. While the Japanese are known for being polite, that "thank you" could have some additional meaning. I understand they have been taxiing for almost an hour at that point, in which case the additional meaning of that "thank you" could be "finally!". Also, it may suggest that they did not expect further interaction with the tower. Or I might just be imagining things, and it's just pure politeness.