PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Max: Loose Rudder-Control Fastener Issue.
Old 9th Jan 2024, 07:58
hoistop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WOTME?
It was drilled into me,firstly by the RAF & then by the CAA that any disturbance of safety critical parts had to be a duplicate inspection by two suitably type qualified engineers.
Don't Boeing do that on manufacture?
I believe they do - or should do it. But on my "Human factors in maintenance" lectures, I am telling students that there is 10% chance that duplicate inspection will not catch the fault - this comes from serious research. Hovewer, in this case, there must be more systemic problem, as there was not one-off problem, but was repeated. I agree somewhat that media is jumping up on MAX excessivelly - we do not need that each SB or even AD is trumpeted all over. (Eventhough Boeing management somewhat deserves it for what they did.) Just look on FAA or EASA website for AD issued against each type - there are hundreds and I do not need to read about each one in the media. And this is not the first time I heard about such problem. I am well aware of an instance where brand new helicopter from well known manufacturer produced intermitent chip light in main transmission - only to discover that "chip" was actually a nut that fell off from somewhere inside the transmission.