PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engineering experience review prior to application
Old 8th Jan 2024, 20:14
Tranwell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tommywarez
... the thing that I find weird is that the experience appears to just depend upon the mood of the Licensing officer on the day, (unless I'm missing something). It would be great if there was a checklist of experience you could compare your logbook to. Exams are the easy bit to quantify: pass or fail.
In the CAP 741, there is a list of acceptable and example tasks. You should aim for collecting about 3/4 of them. It always has depended on the mood of the licencing officer - that's why you can't ever speak to them and an email takes months to reply.
I also included stuff on N-registration and LAA types. If you look at an aeroplane, write it down and send it to the CAA. What they don't want to see is endless repetition. List your 50's, 100's and Annuals in section 5, but then for each aircraft/engine combination, split each service into its individual lines. Log two of each of the services for each airframe/engine combination, plus every defect you are able to get your hands on. It will help greatly if you organise your logbook so that each airframe/engine combination has a set of relevant chapters, then move on to the next aircraft. You must log the aircraft individually, ie. C150/RR 0-200 Chapter 5, or PA28/Lyc 0-320 Chapter 5 on separate pages.