PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines 737-900 MAX loses a door in-flight out of PDX
Old 8th Jan 2024, 18:51
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The added WiFi dome on the top of the fuselage

Originally Posted by Globaliser
They're not looking at the area of the plug, though, are they? The windows are at the normal spacing of 2 per sidewall panel, but it's different where the plug is. In addition, the whole sequence from 1:42 to 2:39 suggests that they're interested in an area about three or four rows forward of the very aft end of the cabin, which would be about row 30; the plug is around rows 25 and 26.
I think they might be looking at the general state of how someone had left the internal panels, don't you? From FR24 records and other reports, it seems this aircraft was at an MRO in Oklahoma for 10 days until December 7. That seems to be when the Wifi dome may have been added up top. How do you link such an addition to main aircraft electrics? How and where does the chosen MRO for the job gain access to existing wiring runs, or run new ones for the added kit? Those might be a couple of questions I would expect NTSB to be asking. Could be a red herring ... or?