PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-4
Thread: Edinburgh-4
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2024, 19:00
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Breathe
Interview with Gordon Dewar. He mainly talks about SAF, but he also talks about potential destinations, US pre-clearance and the road link from the roundabout at Gogar.

https://archive.is/wt87W
Nice fluff piece that says nothing nor does it provide any incite into very significant and pressing structural issues facing the airport especially if further substantial expansions are to be accommodated in the coming years.

Indeed I’d suggest it’s targeted towards potential buyers and investors in the airport itself.

We do know the current owners want out before those pending and very significant costs and associated financing becomes not just pressing and manageable more rather critically necessary.

As for a nice chat over a coffee and doughnut and a quick yeah, pre clearance will be a sight more difficult and require high level inter governmental involvement. Who will pay for the US agents where would the border fit into an already cramped and barely fit for purpose terminal today.

Is it really even necessary as we move towards more electronic border measures in the UK , EU and indeed in the US in the next few years personally I think not to be honest .

I do agree with his comments re India however - Air India currently has a near fetish approach with moving Microsoft Script kiddies to Silicon Valley and via existing hubs to look after your company servers ( cheaply) in advance of other opportunities right now .

Birmingham is an exception I acknowledge that.

Other Indian carriers such as Indigo and Spicejet don’t exactly deliver confidence ( both have weak finances and even poorer management) . Indeed the later has been involved in some pretty dodgy trading practices!